Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font in menu bars and drop menus

Hello,

Is there a way to change the font within the menu bars or drop menus? I dislike using the visually jarring magnify or zoom options. I would like to change the size and width of the font to something elegantly legible. The MacOS Monterey font is irksome.

Thank you for any your consideration and time.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 7:25 AM

stepintime wrote:

Hello,
Is there a way to change the font within the menu bars or drop menus? I dislike using the visually jarring magnify or zoom options. I would like to change the size and width of the font to something elegantly legible. The MacOS Monterey font is irksome.

What menu bars or drop downs....

system wide?

or a specific app?

The macOS has baked in user interface—San Francisco (SF) is the system font on all Apple platforms; the SF Pro variant is the system font in macOS.

You can read more: Typography - Foundations - Human Interface Guidelines - Design - Apple Developer

Change Fonts & Colors preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple ...

Set a default font in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Change the font or font size in Numbers on Mac - Apple Support

Change font sizes within the Fonts window on Mac - Apple ...

Change Font Book preferences on Mac - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 7:25 AM in response to stepintime

stepintime wrote:

Hello,

What menu bars or drop downs....

system wide?

or a specific app?

The macOS has baked in user interface—San Francisco (SF) is the system font on all Apple platforms; the SF Pro variant is the system font in macOS.

You can read more: Typography - Foundations - Human Interface Guidelines - Design - Apple Developer

Change Fonts & Colors preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple ...

Set a default font in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Change the font or font size in Numbers on Mac - Apple Support

Change font sizes within the Fonts window on Mac - Apple ...

Change Font Book preferences on Mac - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Font in menu bars and drop menus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.