Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro does not charge

Hello,

I am having problems with my Mac Book Pro retina 15 Mid 2015.

Last time i had a little spark while i was connecting the Mag Safe to charge it and from that moment the Mac does not charge anymore.

Of course my battery is now on 0%, but when I try to turn on, Mac shows me the logo of the battery.

I tried to change the charger and also the charge Socket near the Logic Board, without any success.

The Mag safe has no leds, and also is not hot as usually.

The only problem is that is not charging the battery, I can't make any diagnosis, so at this point I do not know what to do.

Can I test any other things before to bring it to Apple Customer Service?

PS: I can replace the logic board by myself if it is the problem, but i do now knoe how to replace the serial code.

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:44 AM

webbfox wrote:

Hello,
Last time i had a little spark while i was connecting the Mag Safe to charge it and from that moment the Mac does not charge anymore.
Of course my battery is now on 0%, but when I try to turn on, Mac shows me the logo of the battery.

I tried to change the charger and also the charge Socket near the Logic Board, without any success.

The only problem is that is not charging the battery, I can't make any diagnosis, so at this point I do not know what to do.

PS: I can replace the logic board by myself if it is the problem, but i do now knoe how to replace the serial code.

hmm... new magsafe,

new DC-in board... did you do this repair yourself or you had a shop do the work—typically there is a 90 day warranty on parts and labor.

Did you try resetting the SMC on your Intel Mac...(?)

resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 9:44 AM in response to webbfox

webbfox wrote:

Hello,

hmm... new magsafe,

new DC-in board... did you do this repair yourself or you had a shop do the work—typically there is a 90 day warranty on parts and labor.

Did you try resetting the SMC on your Intel Mac...(?)

resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Mac Book Pro does not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.