Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iCloud drive shared between multiple computers?

I got a second computer, but when I open iCloud drive on the new computer, I don't see any of my files in it. How can I access my existing files in iCloud drive from my new computer?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 4:34 PM

iCloud Drive definitely shred between all your devices, but it is tied to your iCloud Apple ID.

You should be seeing the content of iCloud Drive on all devices, where you are using the same Apple ID and enable iCloud Drive in your System Preferences for AppleID > iCloud.

You need to be connected to the Internet and give your device some time to sync with iCloud.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 4:34 PM in response to chris c-b

iCloud Drive definitely shred between all your devices, but it is tied to your iCloud Apple ID.

You should be seeing the content of iCloud Drive on all devices, where you are using the same Apple ID and enable iCloud Drive in your System Preferences for AppleID > iCloud.

You need to be connected to the Internet and give your device some time to sync with iCloud.

Jun 11, 2022 1:32 PM in response to chris c-b

Hi chris c-b, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues accessing your iCloud Drive files on your new computer.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Are you using the same Apple ID for both Macs?

If no, we recommend that you sign in on the same Apple ID for both devices.

If yes, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Also, we recommend that you check out the article below.

Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices

Take care!

Is iCloud drive shared between multiple computers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.