Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP printer problem after Monterey 12.4 update

Anyone with this Problem? : after installing a new HP printer my Mac think this printer is offline! Several attempts were made but neither on the IMac, nor on other Apple devices the printer could be found.

Now with connecting the printer directly with the router I am able to print, but again not with the other devices.

I think the Problem occured after installing update OS Monterey 12.4

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:04 AM

willem279 wrote:

Anyone with this Problem? : after installing a new HP printer my Mac think this printer is offline! Several attempts were made but neither on the IMac, nor on other Apple devices the printer could be found.
Now with connecting the printer directly with the router I am able to print, but again not with the other devices.

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 10:04 AM in response to willem279

willem279 wrote:

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Jun 27, 2022 3:46 PM in response to Sikh

I solved the problem. This is some of the steps I took, thanks to a thread in the HP discussion forums.

1) Delete old printer driver under System Preferences -> Printer and Scanners.

2) Reinstall printer driver in same area. (You probably need to be cable connected to do this - USB)

3) With the printer on, cycle through turning Wi-Fi on and off a number of times in Printer Settings on the printer.

4) Reboot your router (I have an xFinity router)

5) Reboot your Mac

I am not sure which step is the most important or if they are all needed, but I think 3 & 4 are necessary. You may try from steps 3 to 5 only without reinstalling printer driver first to see if that works.

Good luck.

HP printer problem after Monterey 12.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.