Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using old iPad for kids only

I have a spare old 4th Gen iPad I want to use for kitchen recipes /wifi only. How can I stop getting my messages/emails etc and remove most of the apps including photos without it affecting my current iPad Pro & iPhone.

I’m so frightened of deleting anything!

Also, do I need to create a new unique Apple ID for it?

Thank you in advance for any help 🙇🏼‍♀️

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 2:02 AM

If you wish to stop email arriving on your old iPad, just delete the email accounts from the iPad; this will not impact your other devices:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

You can prevent other services from synchronising documents and data via iCloud by disabling the services that you don’t want to synchronise from settings. Again, on your old iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - turn OFF services that you don’t wish to synchronise via iCloud

You might even consider signing-out from iCloud entirely - or creating and using en entirely different AppleID account for your old iPad. If this is appealing, follow this process to completely wipe the iPad, after which you can set-up again “as new”:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 2:02 AM in response to Stuck22

If you wish to stop email arriving on your old iPad, just delete the email accounts from the iPad; this will not impact your other devices:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

You can prevent other services from synchronising documents and data via iCloud by disabling the services that you don’t want to synchronise from settings. Again, on your old iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud - turn OFF services that you don’t wish to synchronise via iCloud

You might even consider signing-out from iCloud entirely - or creating and using en entirely different AppleID account for your old iPad. If this is appealing, follow this process to completely wipe the iPad, after which you can set-up again “as new”:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Using old iPad for kids only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.