Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I type "vid" in the Safari search bar, it immediately clears the search bar

Hello,

I was trying to type "video" in my search bar in safari. Every time I typed the first three letters "vid" the search bar would immediately clear. I can type other things fine and it works. And If i type another word before "vid" everything is fine. But I can't just type "vid"

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 12:51 PM

I understand as soon as you type the letters vid in Safari's Smart Search field, it immediately disappears.

I'd start by clearing Safari's History: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, investigate (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Text for the possibility of a text substitution entry for the word "vid".

If an entry is present though, it would affect all apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 12:51 PM in response to rickEy2foryou

I understand as soon as you type the letters vid in Safari's Smart Search field, it immediately disappears.

I'd start by clearing Safari's History: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, investigate (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Text for the possibility of a text substitution entry for the word "vid".

If an entry is present though, it would affect all apps.

When I type "vid" in the Safari search bar, it immediately clears the search bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.