Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble loading Epson software into my 24" iMac running 12.4 Monterey

Hello!

I thought I had posted this question but if so I can not find it.

I have an Epson V200 which I like a lot

Upon trying Epson's instructions to load the Epson software into my new 24" iMac running 12.4 Monterey I am having trouble. Basically for me at least their instructions just do not make since or work.

Do you folks have any suggestions regarding this?

TIA

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 11:11 AM

12 replies

Jun 11, 2022 4:42 PM in response to mulberry58

Many thanks for your attempt to help out!!!!!

The Epson folder comes up with as folder in Applications. Sadly for me windows come up but only recognizing a scanner model V39. No way does it give me any option to connect to my V200. Looks like I am up the creek. I would purchase a V39 Epson scanner but over the years I have not been impressed with their software. Thus I am a bit leery of buying that scanner. Even with the buggy software my old V200 worked great up until my new iMac and Monterey.

Jun 27, 2022 2:32 PM in response to Herb Mesler

Today I contacted Epson Support as I could make no sense whatsoever following their very poorly (IMHO) online instructions.

The woman I spoke with went a bit fast ... .had to slow her down ... but ,,, she knew her stuff.

Bottom line the old Epson Perfection V-200 will work just fine with osx Monterey l2.4.

Below are the notes I tried to make during and after getting my scanner going:

Install Epson Driver Software From:

https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V200-Photo/s/SPT_B11B188011?review-filter=macOS+12.x

Epson Support phone number: 562-276-4382

> Download and install Driver software.

> Go to iMac Applications

> Look for Epson folder within Applications

> Open it 

>. Go to search option at top of Applications window

> Type in: Image Capture 

From this point on it is a bit fuzzy for me … but if I recall correctly the Image Capture icon will appear in the Dock on the iMac screen.

Hope this helps!

Jun 27, 2022 3:35 PM in response to Herb Mesler

To be perfectly honest I would recommend that you download and test the free evaluation version of Vuescan (www.hamrick.com) and use that. If you like it then you can buy it, I think its about $35-40. I think you will be MUCH MUCH happier than if you continue on the course you are trying to stay on or using ImageCapture. While Image capture may work fine with your scanner, the UI is a little tough compared to Vuescan.

Best of luck!

Having trouble loading Epson software into my 24" iMac running 12.4 Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.