Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to move photos/video OFF my iPhone and into iCloud. (not just duplicate)

I understand how to synch my photos, so there's a copy of my photos/videos in iCloud and on my iPhone. But how do I MOVE my photos/videos OFF my iPhone and into the cloud?

I keep running out of storage on my iPhone and I've paid for plenty of storage in iCloud. I don't see the "cloud" icon on my photos on my iPhone, which would indicate they're in the cloud and my iPhone is just showing a thumbnail of the photo with the ability to download to my iPhone if desired.

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 11:37 AM

iCloud is a sync service. Anything in the cloud is also on your device; there is no offload storage items if you sync photos. Try reducing the size of your library by optimizing photo storage (Settings > Photos). Or, offload your photos to a computer or to an offline storage provider (eg. dropbox)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 11:37 AM in response to RJunderscore

iCloud is a sync service. Anything in the cloud is also on your device; there is no offload storage items if you sync photos. Try reducing the size of your library by optimizing photo storage (Settings > Photos). Or, offload your photos to a computer or to an offline storage provider (eg. dropbox)

how to move photos/video OFF my iPhone and into iCloud. (not just duplicate)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.