Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does a family member play one of my shared playlists on their device? I have Apple One and have turned on family sharing, but nothing has changed.

I have Apple One, and I have turned on family sharing and my family member has been invited and accepted. I am trying to play one of my shared playlists on her device, but I cannot find any way to even see the shared music or play it. How can I do this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:50 PM

Okay; that Apple One Premier should allow access to Apple Music.

There isn’t a Family Sharing playlist option, oddly enough. You have to Share the specific playlists to the person using Messages or Mail or such, or use the global playlist sharing; a public playlist.

It is odd that that there isn’t better sharing in Apple Music. Something akin to how Photos can set up shared albums.

Log some feedback with Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 7:50 PM in response to hlmthree

Okay; that Apple One Premier should allow access to Apple Music.

There isn’t a Family Sharing playlist option, oddly enough. You have to Share the specific playlists to the person using Messages or Mail or such, or use the global playlist sharing; a public playlist.

It is odd that that there isn’t better sharing in Apple Music. Something akin to how Photos can set up shared albums.

Log some feedback with Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

How does a family member play one of my shared playlists on their device? I have Apple One and have turned on family sharing, but nothing has changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.