Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos

I recently turned iCloud Photos off to save storage. I then received an email informing me that I needed to download my photos and videos in 30 days or that would be deleted. The email told me to go to a certain area in settings, but it wasn’t there. I’m really frustrated because I can’t turn iCloud Photos on, because I will run out of storage, and I don’t want to loose my photos. Any advice?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 8:25 PM

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Read the section - How do I remove all iCloud Photos content from iCloud and my devices?

iCloud Photos has been disabled on all your devices and new photos and videos are no longer uploading to iCloud.

Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

Upgrade your iCloud+ plan

If your uploaded photos and videos exceed your storage plan, you can upgrade your iCloud storage. See Subscribe to iCloud+ on iPhone.

There are currently 54 photos and 0 videos in your iCloud Photos.

Original format, full resolution versions of your photos and videos are not stored on your devices. You must download your full resolution photos and videos to at least one device before they are deleted from iCloud Photos in 30 days.

To download your photos and videos to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8 or later:

1. Connect to a power source and Wi-Fi.

2. Go to settings, tap on your account, tap iCloud, and then select Photos.

3. Tap Download and Keep Originals.

If your library exceeds the storage space available on your device, you can download your photos and videos to your Mac or PC from iCloud.com.

If you do not want iCloud Photos turned off, you can turn it right back on your iOS device:

1. Go to Settings and tap iCloud.

2. Select Storage and tap Manage Storage.

3. Select iCloud Photos and Undo Delete.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 8:25 PM in response to cashcleo_

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Read the section - How do I remove all iCloud Photos content from iCloud and my devices?

iCloud Photos has been disabled on all your devices and new photos and videos are no longer uploading to iCloud.

Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

Upgrade your iCloud+ plan

If your uploaded photos and videos exceed your storage plan, you can upgrade your iCloud storage. See Subscribe to iCloud+ on iPhone.

There are currently 54 photos and 0 videos in your iCloud Photos.

Original format, full resolution versions of your photos and videos are not stored on your devices. You must download your full resolution photos and videos to at least one device before they are deleted from iCloud Photos in 30 days.

To download your photos and videos to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8 or later:

1. Connect to a power source and Wi-Fi.

2. Go to settings, tap on your account, tap iCloud, and then select Photos.

3. Tap Download and Keep Originals.

If your library exceeds the storage space available on your device, you can download your photos and videos to your Mac or PC from iCloud.com.

If you do not want iCloud Photos turned off, you can turn it right back on your iOS device:

1. Go to Settings and tap iCloud.

2. Select Storage and tap Manage Storage.

3. Select iCloud Photos and Undo Delete.

Jun 11, 2022 7:25 PM in response to cashcleo_

cashcleo_ Said:

"iCloud Photos: I recently turned iCloud Photos off to save storage. I then received an email informing me that I needed to download my photos and videos in 30 days or that would be deleted. The email told me to go to a certain area in settings, but it wasn’t there. I’m really frustrated because I can’t turn iCloud Photos on, because I will run out of storage, and I don’t want to loose my photos. Any advice?"

-------

Getting Photos Back:

Export All of iCloud:

Yes. All would be lost, if it is not download to your device itself. So, export all of iCloud. So, see if you get this data when you export all of iCloudUse my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - Apple Support

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.