Photo Stream and icloud

I got an email saying my photo stream will shut down or end on July 26, 2023. From Apple.

What does that mean for me? And it also said you can not store pictures taken as live to icloud??

Where do they do or can I change them to still pictures?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 12:05 PM

Hello Geri1982,

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support.

Yes, My Photo Stream is being shutdown. July 26, 2023 will be the last day. Apple themselves have said the following:

"If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices."

Make sure this setting is toggled on for all of your Apple devices and you will be all set. Live photos, photos, and videos can all be safely stored, accessed, and synced across all of your devices via iCloud Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 12:05 PM in response to Geri1982

Hello Geri1982,

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support.

Yes, My Photo Stream is being shutdown. July 26, 2023 will be the last day. Apple themselves have said the following:

"If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices."

Make sure this setting is toggled on for all of your Apple devices and you will be all set. Live photos, photos, and videos can all be safely stored, accessed, and synced across all of your devices via iCloud Photos.

Photo Stream and icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.