Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No start up disk in recovery mode

Hi, I asked previously about this and someone suggested mounting the disk that is showing, this is not working. How can I fix this issue? Can I put in on an external hard drive?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 1:37 AM

It appears you have booted the Computer in Recovery Mode in an attempt to Reinstall High Sierra.

If that is correct - How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support (CA)

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 1:37 AM in response to dimond2001

It appears you have booted the Computer in Recovery Mode in an attempt to Reinstall High Sierra.

If that is correct - How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support (CA)

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

No start up disk in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.