Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook cannot download macos. I have quit update, but it does not work. I need my mac to work, but It’s not come back to normal creen.

It has been like this over 5 hours, i need my mac to work. Thank you

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 7:47 AM

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

2 replies

Jun 12, 2022 2:15 AM in response to Thidinh

See this Link and see if it can be of help If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

Do you have access to another Mac? If so, you can make a bootable Mac OS installer if everything went wrong.

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

And I hope you have made a time machine backup before updating

My macbook cannot download macos. I have quit update, but it does not work. I need my mac to work, but It’s not come back to normal creen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.