Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Country is not listed to de-register iMessage.

I cannot receive SMS messages on my iPhone, the strange thing is I receive the SMS's on an older iPhone that I used to use, which currently has a different number! I tried turning on/off iMessage and Facetime on both phones without any luck.

My country (Bahrain) is also not listed on Apple's website to de-register my old iPhone.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 3:31 AM

Contact Apple Support directly, they can help you de-register your phone number from iMessage.

Contact Apple Support here:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 13, 2022 9:55 AM in response to Community User

Thank you for your help and prompt response, long story short, I managed to resolve the issue via my service provider.

Long story:

• Called my service provider more than once to solve the issue but they couldn't, though they claimed to have reset all settings on my cell phone number. They asked to visit a branch.
  • Went to the branch to solve the issue but they also couldn't, though they also tried to reset the settings again and also replaced the sim card.
  • Issue was solved after speaking to a friend's friend that works for my service provider. They figured out that my sms's are diverted to the number installed on the other phone (not sure why they didn't figure it out the first few times I called and visited them!) Solved by sending divert OFF as text message to 88444.

Thanks again!

Country is not listed to de-register iMessage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.