Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera on the Samsung M8 and Mac studio not working

Hi,

I am connected via the USB C cable from the M8 monitor to my Mac Studio but unfortunately I cannot get the Mac to recognise the M8 camera!

I now the camera works because I can use it via the built in apps in the monitor but it is not getting recognised by the Mac!

Thanks

Mac Studio

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 8:26 AM

4 replies

Jun 13, 2022 4:18 AM in response to Scottish_Radarman

Ok after a long and fruitless discussion with both Samsung and Apple I went to bed convinced that I was going to send the monitor back! Got up this morning that the camera was showing up in the the system information utility and it was recognised by the Photo Booth App. I went out to do some shopping so put the monitor into standby and the Studio into sleep mode.

I came back a few hours later and the camera has vanished again!!!!

O.K. I switched off and on the monitor (no camera detected) I then did a re-start of the studio and the camera re-appeared again. I'm guessing that there is some sort of issue with the Mac coming out of sleep.

Jul 10, 2022 6:01 AM in response to GrandMac

HI,

I used the USB C cable that came with the monitor. It works fine for most of the time but occasionally the monitor must lose communication because once every couple of days it blanks the screen and starts to go to sleep. That can only be fixed by pressing the on / off button on the remote control. In addition if the studio has gone to sleep the monitor sometimes doesn't awake when you waken the studio and I have to use the remote button again. I might try another USB C cable but to be honest I would be surprised if it made a difference as I suspect the USB interface in the monitor.

Camera on the Samsung M8 and Mac studio not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.