You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity Rings Not Refreshing in Watch OS 8.6

My activity rings are not refreshing, but the data below the rings are current. I am getting notified when I close my rings, so the watch is updating the info, it's just that the ring images are not redrawing, they are stuck on some prior day.

This seems to have happened at the last update. Yes, I "rebooted" the watch. And that gets the rings to update to the current data. But the next day, the rings don't refresh or zero out. The ring image is stuck on yesterday.

I'm assuming this is a bug but I haven't seen any recent posts about this. Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 2:32 PM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2022 12:17 PM in response to Community User

Thanks fieryjack.

I did # 1 before I posted the question and was reluctant to do #2 because I couldn't understand how re-paring the watch and phone would affect the screen redraw of the exercise rings, while the numbers directly under the rings had the correct data.

But alas, I un and re-paired the watch and phone and you were correct. Two days now and the rings are current with the data right below them.

Thanks again!

Activity Rings Not Refreshing in Watch OS 8.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.