Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari never stays in the background, it just spontaneously re-opens

Whenever I've used Safari, unless i force-close the app it will go away and pop back up within 5 seconds.

This is extremely annoying, as it stops all MFA's or payment apps to function.

This is happening even when no site is open in Safari.

So far, I've tried the following:

• I've downloaded an AV (AVG) but it says there are no virusses or adwares
  • I've been in Safari settings, cleared history/cache, disabled Java and pop-ups
  • I've tried to check if any app was installed, but it wasn't.

Short from Factory resetting my iphone (which i really don't want to do) i can't see what else to try.

Also, I can't find any other information on the subject.

FYI: I'm using an Iphone 13 Pro, iOSversion 15.5

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 7:56 AM

Hi there,

I'm ashamed to come back to this original question with the solve/fix.

My daughter, 17 years and lovely for 95% of the time, admitted last night having created a shortcut on my phone.

The shortcut was extremely simple: whenever Safari closes >> open it.

Little did she know it would make me invest in a AV for iPhone, post in this forum and even considering migrating back to my iPhone11 and a Factory reset for the 13.

Either way, if by any chance you would have a similar problem, talk to your kids first. It's kinda amazing what they can do with an iPhone....

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 7:56 AM in response to VincentDal

Hi there,

I'm ashamed to come back to this original question with the solve/fix.

My daughter, 17 years and lovely for 95% of the time, admitted last night having created a shortcut on my phone.

The shortcut was extremely simple: whenever Safari closes >> open it.

Little did she know it would make me invest in a AV for iPhone, post in this forum and even considering migrating back to my iPhone11 and a Factory reset for the 13.

Either way, if by any chance you would have a similar problem, talk to your kids first. It's kinda amazing what they can do with an iPhone....

Jun 14, 2022 7:57 AM in response to VincentDal

Hello VincentDal,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you're having some issues with Safari, and we'd like to help. Have you tried closing the application, and opening it again, to see if that helps? We didn't see that in your list of steps, and want to be sure: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Also, if you haven't already, try and Restart your iPhone, and test again to see if the issue remains.

Regards.

Jun 14, 2022 8:01 AM in response to Jmanna13

Hi Jmanna,

Thanks for coming back at me.

First things first: you are correct, I should have mentioned that i of course restarted, shut down the app, the phone, and all of those as well. I wrongfully assumed that the steps i have described would indicate the "logic and simple stuff" had been done.

But you are right to ask.

Meanwhile, I have found the root of the issue. I have described it in an answer to myself and indicated it as best answer, so if ever someone meets my kid, they can fix this themselves.

Safari never stays in the background, it just spontaneously re-opens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.