Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My family members can't access my subscription despite turning on Purchase sharing

My family members can't access my subscription despite subscribing to Family Plan and turning on Purchase sharing

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 10:18 AM

Purchase sharing has nothing to do with an Apple Music Family subscription. With a Family subscription, everyone gets their own music library.. You cannot share music that you lease with an Apple Music subscription. You can share playlists however (which are just the names of the songs and not the songs themselves).

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

With Family Sharing (with or without an Apple Music subscription) you can still share music that you purchased from the iTunes Store.

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 10:18 AM in response to pajomz

Purchase sharing has nothing to do with an Apple Music Family subscription. With a Family subscription, everyone gets their own music library.. You cannot share music that you lease with an Apple Music subscription. You can share playlists however (which are just the names of the songs and not the songs themselves).

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

With Family Sharing (with or without an Apple Music subscription) you can still share music that you purchased from the iTunes Store.

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

My family members can't access my subscription despite turning on Purchase sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.