Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I choose to just update Mac os than upgrade?

I would like only to update my system than doing an upgrade due to the lack of storage on my Mac pro.

Currently, my system is Catalina version 10.15.7 and the available option for system update is macOS Monterey Upgrade. Is there a way to do an update only?thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 12:25 PM

You'll likely have about the same amount of space you have now after the upgrade. It's just used temporarily to unpack the fils and perform all the installation functions. It should not be permanently used up.

4 replies

Jun 13, 2022 11:47 AM in response to XRae22

10.15.7 is the most current version of Catalina available at this time. There is nothing else to update to.

If you want a newer macOS version, then you need to upgrade to macOS Big Sur or macOS Monterrey.

It's never a good idea to let the Mac get down to such little free space that you cannot upgrade. Very low storage can be detrimental too your Mac's normal function. You should consider deleting content you no longer need and moving stuff out to an external drive to make room on the internal drive.

Link-> Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Can I choose to just update Mac os than upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.