Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video editorconsole with iMovie

Can a video editorconsole be used with iMovie and if so, which consoles?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 7:48 AM

I don't know the answer to your question of whether video editor consoles can be used with iMovie.

Some of the more popular video editor consoles, like Loupedeck, Contour Design Shuttle PRO v2, and Elgato claim to be later Mac OS compatible. However, their specs don't mention iMovie specifically. I read somewhere that the Loupedeck is compatible with Final Cut Pro X, but don't know for sure. Here's a link that lists some video editor consoles and their specs.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Event-Controllers/ci/4018/N/3865117742

You could call Apple Support and talk to the techs there and see if they have any input into the issue. Or, you can contact the manufacturer of a console that you might be considering to confirm that it will work with iMovie.

Perhaps others who have experience with video editor consoles will chime in here.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 7:48 AM in response to MacHills

I don't know the answer to your question of whether video editor consoles can be used with iMovie.

Some of the more popular video editor consoles, like Loupedeck, Contour Design Shuttle PRO v2, and Elgato claim to be later Mac OS compatible. However, their specs don't mention iMovie specifically. I read somewhere that the Loupedeck is compatible with Final Cut Pro X, but don't know for sure. Here's a link that lists some video editor consoles and their specs.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Event-Controllers/ci/4018/N/3865117742

You could call Apple Support and talk to the techs there and see if they have any input into the issue. Or, you can contact the manufacturer of a console that you might be considering to confirm that it will work with iMovie.

Perhaps others who have experience with video editor consoles will chime in here.

-- Rich

Video editorconsole with iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.