Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my Apple TV HD to my sound system connected to my TV?

How do I connect my Apple TV HD to my sound system connected to my TV? I just set up my Apple TV HD, connected to my Samsung HD TV but the sound only comes from the TV and not through the Sound Bar and Speaker.

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 2:03 PM

You would need to send the sound to the sound bar unless your TV is connected to the Sound bar and can output audio to it. Refer to your TV's user guide for specifics on that.

New Apple TVs no longer have separate audio output, you would need an HDMI audio separator to send the audio to the sound bar. Or if the Sound Bar supports Bluetooth, you can connect the Apple TV to it over bluetooth directly. Refer to the sounbar's user guide for how too set it to pairing mode, then follow the steps here to connect the Apple TV to it: link-> Connect Bluetooth devices to Apple TV - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 2:03 PM in response to Manzana28

You would need to send the sound to the sound bar unless your TV is connected to the Sound bar and can output audio to it. Refer to your TV's user guide for specifics on that.

New Apple TVs no longer have separate audio output, you would need an HDMI audio separator to send the audio to the sound bar. Or if the Sound Bar supports Bluetooth, you can connect the Apple TV to it over bluetooth directly. Refer to the sounbar's user guide for how too set it to pairing mode, then follow the steps here to connect the Apple TV to it: link-> Connect Bluetooth devices to Apple TV - Apple Support

How do I connect my Apple TV HD to my sound system connected to my TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.