Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to get a new Apple ID because my old email had been compromised so Google was terminating it for good I set up my new Apple ID no problem until I realized all the movies I’d purchased were still with my old Apple ID. Help

I had to get a new Apple ID because my old email had been compromised so Google was terminating it for good I set up my new Apple ID no problem until I realized all the movies I’d purchased were still with my old Apple ID. Help

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 4:32 PM

What you should have done was simply change the primary email of the old AppleID and not made a new one -> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You can even still do that if you wish. An AppleID, once activated and in use, remains useable whether the primary email is an active email or not (although if not, Apple cannot contact you via it). Login to the old AppleID at https://appleid.apple.com/ and then change the primary email to an active, useable email and you won’t lose any purchased content or data.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 4:32 PM in response to Skmann55

What you should have done was simply change the primary email of the old AppleID and not made a new one -> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You can even still do that if you wish. An AppleID, once activated and in use, remains useable whether the primary email is an active email or not (although if not, Apple cannot contact you via it). Login to the old AppleID at https://appleid.apple.com/ and then change the primary email to an active, useable email and you won’t lose any purchased content or data.

Jul 16, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Skmann55

MeToo, I have the same problem and I have a error message saying in a pop up box saying that iMessage and iCloud are two different accounts. I have another screenshot of the box it says that iMessage and iCloud are two different accounts and I can’t sign out of it. I’m not having no problems with getting my old video or movies, but I’m having problems with two accounts on my iPhone 13 pro it’s like it belongs to someone else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.