Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown files in my laptop

Hello,

I found these files in my 'Movies' folder.

I have no idea what it is.. It contains a lot of folders and files that has no extension.

The files sizes vary (from KB's to MB's)

The total folder size is 44GB

Is it a back up for TV app, or an old iTunes backup.. I don’t know

Please help me with that issue because I’m planning to delete it.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 8:49 PM

It looks like that folder is in the format used for iPhone backups done on a Mac, where the iPhone is backed up to a Mac. Normally those backups used to be located in the user Library => Application Support => MobileSync. The size is consistent with it being an iPhone backup.

Somehow yours is in the Movies folder. It doesn't belong there, somehow it got moved there? The date is March 20, 2020. Can you recall anything from that date, it's about two years ago.

I would delete the folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 8:49 PM in response to adelalmalki

It looks like that folder is in the format used for iPhone backups done on a Mac, where the iPhone is backed up to a Mac. Normally those backups used to be located in the user Library => Application Support => MobileSync. The size is consistent with it being an iPhone backup.

Somehow yours is in the Movies folder. It doesn't belong there, somehow it got moved there? The date is March 20, 2020. Can you recall anything from that date, it's about two years ago.

I would delete the folder.

Unknown files in my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.