Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AUDIO INTERFACE INCOMPATIBILITY - after a while

Hello,

For no reasons, my audio interface (Behringer U-PHORIA 1820) stopped working with my mac mini M1. The interface can't output any audio into my speakers. It worked 3 months and now nothing.

Mac M1 is updated, And the interface works A1 on my old macbookpro...

I guess it's the new M1 chip, any clues?

Constantin

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 6:17 PM

Yup-you’re right… try opening the software in Rosetta ( get info on it , a window should come up, tick off “open in Rosetta”) otherwise you’d have to mess around with Audio MIDI setup ( under Utilities) .. the u-phoria should come up as a usb audio interface… set your outputs to usb audio.. and default( 44 khz, 16 bit,etc) should be also in system prefs>sound> alerts/effects… then play through… should be usb audio/digital out… basically behringer has said it’s up to Apple to fix this… see this link: Logic Pro: Why is my audio interface (Beh… - Apple Community

john b

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 6:17 PM in response to constantinmonfilliette

Yup-you’re right… try opening the software in Rosetta ( get info on it , a window should come up, tick off “open in Rosetta”) otherwise you’d have to mess around with Audio MIDI setup ( under Utilities) .. the u-phoria should come up as a usb audio interface… set your outputs to usb audio.. and default( 44 khz, 16 bit,etc) should be also in system prefs>sound> alerts/effects… then play through… should be usb audio/digital out… basically behringer has said it’s up to Apple to fix this… see this link: Logic Pro: Why is my audio interface (Beh… - Apple Community

john b

Jun 14, 2022 5:43 AM in response to constantinmonfilliette

How is it being connected to the Mini?

Is it connected to the USB-A ports? If so, as a test get a USB-A to USB-C adapter or cable and try the USB-C ports on the Mini. If it works, then try and see if any other devices work on the USB-A ports to determine if the ports are somehow damaged.

If it is connected to the USB-C port, then reverse the above process with the USB-A ports.

Jun 15, 2022 4:47 PM in response to woodmeister50

Hello and thank you for your input.

It is, since the beginning, connected to the USB-A port. I tried to use the USB-C too with an adapter, as well as the other USB-A. Nothing do the trick. I see the audio interface, but it can't output any audio into my speakers.

I tried with a Focusrite, and its working. So its really looking like a compatibility problem rather than a damaged port.

Constantin

AUDIO INTERFACE INCOMPATIBILITY - after a while

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.