You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod stereo pair will not sync volume

Recently bought two HomePod minis that I have stereo paired. Since I bought them (3 months ago) every time I leave the house and come back inevitably I lose sync with VOLUME only. For example, after a fresh restart and update to the max of all the equipment in question, everything works until I next leave the house and come back. ONE speaker obeys my commands, one does not. The disobedient speaker is not mute, just not responsive. Sometimes it gets locked at a low volume and sometimes high. So one speaker remains locked a a certain volume and can't be changed - uniform volume control for the stereo pair is lost. Only way to solve this is to Restart. Every time I come back to the house I have to do a Restart - surely this is a bug with the software. Now I'm doing 2 or more restarts every day... quite disappointing.

If I ungroup the speakers they work well and individually they are perfectly responsive, no Restarts are required except for when making a software update.

How is this bug not fixed yet?? I saw at least 50 others in a similar thread from Nov 2021 had this issue. It’s Jun 2022... will this bug be fixed, please help!

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 4:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:04 AM

Not an issue I run into myself, but you should submit Feedback - HomePod - Apple.

Not certain it would help, but you could try assigning address reservations for the two devices so they're always given the same addresses in case it is something related to DHCP lease renewal.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Homepod stereo pair will not sync volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.