Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini- Unable to Stereo Pair and/or Error -6753 After iOS 15.4.1 Update

I have a couple of HomePod Minis (HPM) that were very easy to setup when new and have functioned flawlessly for over a month. Unfortunately, one of those units is showing persistent issues after the update to iOS 15.4.1 today.

In my troubleshooting, I have reset/reconfigured both HPMs a handful of times and alternated which one goes first within inches of one another (within a strong wifi signal). One of the units always resets normally, while the other has failed a few times with error -6753. If I can indeed get both independently setup, then trying to pair them into a stereo configuration continually fails even though the problem HPM shows that is grouped. In fact, trying to test a song at this last step consistently has the problem HPM not responding or playing music I never asked for directly from the Internet. HA, and I though I was the only one who had a multiple personality disorder...

Is there another type of factory reset procedure besides the "unplug 10 seconds, wait 10 seconds, touch, wait for reset notification"? Is there a way to force an update again? Any other suggestions here?

Peace,

Dr. Z.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 10:14 AM

Tim_4_All, thanks for the tips! I was able to get both HPM's reset and stereo paired with your suggestions. I don't know if its was choosing a different room initially in setup or the wifi network reboot, but Siri (via HPM) is now the only female in the house that listens to me or I want to listen to.

BTW, I also took the extra measure to unplug both HPM's for a full five minutes and start the reset process in another portion of the house just in case there was some odd interference where they were before. I then returned both units to the previous location once they were working well. All is back to normal.

Peace,

Dr. Z.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 10:14 AM in response to Tim_4_All

Tim_4_All, thanks for the tips! I was able to get both HPM's reset and stereo paired with your suggestions. I don't know if its was choosing a different room initially in setup or the wifi network reboot, but Siri (via HPM) is now the only female in the house that listens to me or I want to listen to.

BTW, I also took the extra measure to unplug both HPM's for a full five minutes and start the reset process in another portion of the house just in case there was some odd interference where they were before. I then returned both units to the previous location once they were working well. All is back to normal.

Peace,

Dr. Z.

Apr 6, 2022 12:02 AM in response to Michael Paine

Michael Paine wrote:

I am assuming that you have the HPMs set up as default output for an Apple TV since, I understand, that is the only way to have them operate as a stereo pair.

Hey Michael, you’re mistaken about any Apple TV requirement for combining two HomePod minis into a stereo pair. The default audio output to HomePods feature was released with tvOS 15 in September of last year. HomePod mini stereo pairs began selling in December 2020.

@Zeigh, I wish I had a spiffy hidden reset option to get that hpm working again - I can only suggest you open a chat/call back session with Apple Support.

HomePod Mini- Unable to Stereo Pair and/or Error -6753 After iOS 15.4.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.