You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to downgrade whatsapp on iphone

I use whatsapp for work and use the computer version a lot. I recently accidentally upgraded my version of whatsapp on my iphone and now it is not compatible with the computer version because I have an old operating system on my laptop. I am running Yosemite 10.10.5 and cannot upgrade that as I am still using Final Cut Pro 7 and it won't work if I upgrade.

I tried downloading apptrans (after much googling) but that wouldn't work on my old IOS and my iTunes is too new 12.7 for the other technique I found online.

I just need to go back to my previous version of whatsapp on my phone so it will be compatible with the computer version.

If anyone can help me, I would be most grateful as it has become very difficult to work like this using only my phone. I keep having to email myself things or copy and paste text to complete my work via my phone.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 3:48 PM

You will have to ask WhatsApp about this, WhatsApp is not an Apple product.

1 reply

how to downgrade whatsapp on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.