Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro screen is dark when starting up and doesn't chime.

MacBook no chime on start, dark screen on start, slight light but no pattern on screen if in dark room, in day light seems off, how to proceed and finally how to wipe hard drive?

There are no good answers.

Want a simple list of all things to try.

Have replaced battery recently and was working fine for quite a while.

Suddently would not start.

Final and most important is how to load hard drive as external from another machine (what cord? How to know cord?). I know how to mount and format a hard disk but nothing is showing up yet.

Macbook gets warm when plugged in.

If it was working and on I think I would be able to ping it and ssh in as it would connect to my network. I suspect is totally broken as many Macbooks are.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 3:09 PM

appleisbrokenandawful wrote:

MacBook no chime on start, dark screen on start, slight light but no pattern on screen if in dark room, in day light seems off, how to proceed and finally how to wipe hard drive?

Final and most important is how to load hard drive as external from another machine (what cord? How to know cord?). I know how to mount and format a hard disk but nothing is showing up yet.

If it was working and on I think I would be able to ping it and ssh in as it would connect to my network. I suspect is totally broken as many Macbooks are.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (white, black, gray, or blue)

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 3:09 PM in response to appleisbrokenandawful

appleisbrokenandawful wrote:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (white, black, gray, or blue)

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

MacBook Pro screen is dark when starting up and doesn't chime.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.