Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

continuous authorizing computer request to transfer songs to my computer

I'm trying to transfer my songs I've purchased that are not in my I-Tunes library on my computer. It keep stating I cannot transfer some songs because the computer is not authorized. I do what it says to authorize (why do I have to keep authorizing a computer that has already been authorized?), and this same box keeps coming up. It is not downloading any of the songs, let alone the ones listed that could not be downloaded. What is going on? Is this some bug in the latest update? I used to have no problem syncing!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 11:50 AM

Perhaps there is an issue with songs on your device that is similar to this one. Can you not download the purchase history directly?

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

What about the content that wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community to reclaim the rest.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 11:50 AM in response to TheFox311

Perhaps there is an issue with songs on your device that is similar to this one. Can you not download the purchase history directly?

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

What about the content that wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community to reclaim the rest.

tt2

Jul 28, 2022 9:04 PM in response to turingtest2

I am using Mac OS. I bought a new computer and there are songs that said I need to authorize my new computer to play them. I did but the it kept on asking me to authorize it. I checked my other computer that is authorized and the songs are not corrupted. It is too complicated. This whole business of buying from Apple Music store. It is much better to buy the CD and rip it.

Jun 26, 2022 11:39 AM in response to raddogme

As noted, repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If you're still having issues contact Apple Support.

tt2

continuous authorizing computer request to transfer songs to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.