Song won't play on my iMac but will on other devices

I paid for/downloaded 2 songs from iTunes. Both songs are by Tammi Neilson.

One song plays on my computer, my iPhone and my iPad.

The other song (Ten Tonne Truck) will play on my iPhone and my iPad but not on my computer. When I try to play it on my computer I'm warned "You must authorize this computer before you can use Apple Music or iTunes Match on this computer" pops up. When I attempt to authorize the computer I'm warned I've exceeded the number of computers allowed. Only my iPhone and my iPad (meaning 2 devices) show as authorized. No one else shares my music library. So: why doesn't Ten Tonne Truck play on my computer when it does on my other devices? Any why can't I authorize my computer?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 5:14 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 5:14 AM in response to wibba

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

tt2

Song won't play on my iMac but will on other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.