Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get music from my itunes or apple music to work in imovie?

How can I get music from my itunes or apple music to work in imovie? I also can't seem to get it to download in the cloud.

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 2:53 PM

iTunes music should play fine in iMovie. You need first to download the songs from the cloud into your physical iTunes library. iMovie won't read songs that are in the cloud.

As for Apple Music, the songs from there are all DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie or any other application. Downloading them to iTunes will not remove the DRM protection. Further, Apple Music is a subscription service that gives you a license to listen to the songs for personal use for as long as one keeps the subscription current. So they cannot be downloaded into an app, where they could then be played after one cancels the subscription. In other words, you are renting the songs, so to speak, but do not own them.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 2:53 PM in response to sbowlen

iTunes music should play fine in iMovie. You need first to download the songs from the cloud into your physical iTunes library. iMovie won't read songs that are in the cloud.

As for Apple Music, the songs from there are all DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie or any other application. Downloading them to iTunes will not remove the DRM protection. Further, Apple Music is a subscription service that gives you a license to listen to the songs for personal use for as long as one keeps the subscription current. So they cannot be downloaded into an app, where they could then be played after one cancels the subscription. In other words, you are renting the songs, so to speak, but do not own them.

-- Rich

How can I get music from my itunes or apple music to work in imovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.