Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app isn’t available on my iPad?

The default weather app isn’t available on my iPad after updating to 15.5 due to “specific features not available on this device”.

This is an iPad… what features aren’t available???

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 4:37 PM

Nothing lost - as it was never present. The Weather App has always been reserved for iPhone.

The Apple Weather App has never been available as a supported App for iPad - but, as of the recent WWDC 2022 keynote presentation, it has been announced by Apple that the Weather App for iPad will finally arrive with release of iPadOS16 later this year.

In the meantime, iPadOS15 does have a native Weather Widget that can be installed on any of your Home Pages - or your Today View.

Alternatively, there are many third-party Apps from which to choose. Perhaps look at Windy; while some premium features require a small subscription, much of its extensive functionality is free to use:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/windy-com/id1161387262

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 4:37 PM in response to colbreezy

Nothing lost - as it was never present. The Weather App has always been reserved for iPhone.

The Apple Weather App has never been available as a supported App for iPad - but, as of the recent WWDC 2022 keynote presentation, it has been announced by Apple that the Weather App for iPad will finally arrive with release of iPadOS16 later this year.

In the meantime, iPadOS15 does have a native Weather Widget that can be installed on any of your Home Pages - or your Today View.

Alternatively, there are many third-party Apps from which to choose. Perhaps look at Windy; while some premium features require a small subscription, much of its extensive functionality is free to use:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/windy-com/id1161387262

Weather app isn’t available on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.