Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted iCloud Files

I have been using a new macbook and wanted to give the older one away. I cleaned off the old one today by deleting all my files and gave it away. Now everything is deleted from my new macbook and I'm not able to recover anything from the settings in the icloud website, nor from my iphone. How do I recover all of my files?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:40 PM

macbookaudrey Said:

"Deleted iCloud Files: I have been using a new macbook and wanted to give the older one away. I cleaned off the old one today by deleting all my files and gave it away. Now everything is deleted from my new macbook and I'm not able to recover anything from the settings in the icloud website, nor from my iphone. How do I recover all of my files?"

-------

Restoring Data:

Restore from a Time Machine Backup:

Did you create a Time Machine Backup prior to giving it away? If so, restore data from the Time Machine Backup, through use of Migration Assistant. This is the site to use, prior to giving away your device: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 8:40 PM in response to macbookaudrey

macbookaudrey Said:

"Deleted iCloud Files: I have been using a new macbook and wanted to give the older one away. I cleaned off the old one today by deleting all my files and gave it away. Now everything is deleted from my new macbook and I'm not able to recover anything from the settings in the icloud website, nor from my iphone. How do I recover all of my files?"

-------

Restoring Data:

Restore from a Time Machine Backup:

Did you create a Time Machine Backup prior to giving it away? If so, restore data from the Time Machine Backup, through use of Migration Assistant. This is the site to use, prior to giving away your device: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Deleted iCloud Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.