Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Half of my whole screen has turned white after I dropped my IPAD, what do I do?

My ipad dropped flat on its screen and the bottom left corner of the screen had shattered. I am not sure if it is still possible for it to be fixed as due to this incident, half of the ipad's screen seems to be glitched (Not sure if this is the right word, it is black, but after awhile the colour white gradually becomes more distinct). Do I go to an apple store to get it fixed? or do I scrap this ipad and get a new one I am not sure? or is it possible for me to fix the screen issue myself? or is there a better option?

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:51 PM

iPad service pricing.

Get your iPad ready for service.

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status.

2 replies

Jun 15, 2022 1:26 AM in response to jetplane0906

Your iPad has no user-serviceable parts. You can arrange for repair by visiting the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider - or use the mail-in repair service.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Whether or not the repair will be cost-effective, only you can judge. Unless you have benefit of an active AppleCare+ plan, the standard repair fee is typically c.60% of the “as-new” cost of the iPad. If you have an older model iPad, this high repair cost is perhaps being better spent towards purchase of a current model iPad with benefit of a full warranty.

Half of my whole screen has turned white after I dropped my IPAD, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.