You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tattoos, Apple Watch 7, and Notifications

So I’m another one of the heavily tattooed (full black out tattoos) Apple Watch wearers in the community, and previously had the Apple Watch 4 or 5 maybe, which I’d come to grips with the whole not recognising it being on my wrist issue…

I now have an Apple Watch 7 and I’ve noticed that now the notifications don’t even come through because it’s ‘not on my wrist’… stupid

anyone know a work around? Or is it a setting to change?

Literally got the Watch for notifications 🤦🏼‍♂️

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 5:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:15 AM

Hi TDavidP,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

It's important that your Apple Watch can detect that you're wearing it. You may need to adjust the fit of your Apple Watch as outlined here: Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You can also verify that you have Wrist Detection enabled: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Make sure that Wrist Detection is on
If Wrist Detection is off, you won't get Stand notifications, and your Apple Watch can't track your Stand progress. Background heart rate readings (like resting and walking rates) won't be taken if Wrist Detection is off. 
To check the setting, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Passcode. Make sure that Wrist Detection is on.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2022 8:15 AM in response to TDavidP

Hi TDavidP,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

It's important that your Apple Watch can detect that you're wearing it. You may need to adjust the fit of your Apple Watch as outlined here: Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You can also verify that you have Wrist Detection enabled: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Make sure that Wrist Detection is on
If Wrist Detection is off, you won't get Stand notifications, and your Apple Watch can't track your Stand progress. Background heart rate readings (like resting and walking rates) won't be taken if Wrist Detection is off. 
To check the setting, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Passcode. Make sure that Wrist Detection is on.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Tattoos, Apple Watch 7, and Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.