Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop profile picture

I recently got an iPhone and created my iCloud, Apple ID, etc. Before I got all that set up, I was using my dad's apple account for most things; in fact, I still use my laptop linked with his Apple ID. When I tried to Airdrop something from my laptop to my iPhone, it showed a picture of me that I took YEARS ago, and completely differs from the photo I chose for my contacts, and my iCloud. I've tried finding where I can either change, or remove the photo that's being used, but I've run out of ideas. Any of y'all know anything about how to solve this?

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 10:37 AM

Hello TheSethascope,

It sounds as though you're attempting to AirDrop from your Mac which is using your fathers Apple ID to your iPhone which is using your Apple ID and seeing a different image for your iPhone than what you've selected. If so, the image you're seeing for your iPhone would be the image associated to your contact card on the Mac. If you haven't already, open Contacts on the Mac, locate your contact card and you should see that image there. To edit the image associated to your contact, click your contact in the All Contacts list, then click Edit towards the bottom-left, then move the cursor over your contact card image, then click Edit.

From there, you'll be able to choose the image you would like to use for your contact card. Keep in mind, these changes only affect the image associated to the contact card that's saved to your fathers iCloud account.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 10:37 AM in response to TheSethascope

Hello TheSethascope,

It sounds as though you're attempting to AirDrop from your Mac which is using your fathers Apple ID to your iPhone which is using your Apple ID and seeing a different image for your iPhone than what you've selected. If so, the image you're seeing for your iPhone would be the image associated to your contact card on the Mac. If you haven't already, open Contacts on the Mac, locate your contact card and you should see that image there. To edit the image associated to your contact, click your contact in the All Contacts list, then click Edit towards the bottom-left, then move the cursor over your contact card image, then click Edit.

From there, you'll be able to choose the image you would like to use for your contact card. Keep in mind, these changes only affect the image associated to the contact card that's saved to your fathers iCloud account.

Take care!

Airdrop profile picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.