Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air drop and icloud

my wife and i started sharing an icloud account and now i can't airdrop photos directly to her iphone or ipad I only see her icloud account, not her devices

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 9:48 AM

DMatt1000 wrote:

Sorry I should be more specific We are sharing icloud storage. Does that mean we are sharing an icloud account?

Only if you are logged in to the same Apple ID for iCloud in Settings ➜ Account (top of Settings, email address under your name). Sharing storage over Family Sharing, is correct, and does not in any way share an account.

Now when i try to airdrop to her I only see her me email address, not her individual devices.

Correct. If there is more than one device she uses nearby, you will only see her name or address if you don't have a contact for that email address with her name. She would need to decide on her devices which one to receive it on by accepting the transfer.

click here ➜ How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 9:48 AM in response to DMatt1000

DMatt1000 wrote:

Sorry I should be more specific We are sharing icloud storage. Does that mean we are sharing an icloud account?

Only if you are logged in to the same Apple ID for iCloud in Settings ➜ Account (top of Settings, email address under your name). Sharing storage over Family Sharing, is correct, and does not in any way share an account.

Now when i try to airdrop to her I only see her me email address, not her individual devices.

Correct. If there is more than one device she uses nearby, you will only see her name or address if you don't have a contact for that email address with her name. She would need to decide on her devices which one to receive it on by accepting the transfer.

click here ➜ How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Mar 20, 2023 8:57 AM in response to DMatt1000

iCloud accounts should never be shared. Each account should be used by one person only.

Why are you sharing an iCloud account at all?

Beyond that, The AirDrop option does not have anything to do with iCloud. You can't see iCloud on Airdrop at all.

What exactly are you seeing and where are you seeing it?

Post a picture removing any personal information if you think it may may things easier to understand.

Air drop and icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.