Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating payment methods

I’m trying to update my credit card details on my ipad, as the old one expired. Unfortunately, when I load payments and shipping under settings, the Edit button remains greyed-out, and won’t let me amend the card details. Can you help?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 3:10 PM

Assuming that you have only a single payment card configured for your AppleID account, the edit button will be disabled as you observe; you must first add a new payment card - after which you can delete the old (expired) card details.

Having at least two payment cards defined for you account is recommended, as in so doing you will have a secondary payment method available. If for any reason your primary card has expired, or a charge is declined, having a secondary payment method reduces the likelihood of Apple services or subscriptions being suspended due to a failed payment.

If you have multiple cards configured, the editing button is enabled.

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 3:10 PM in response to CH-1986

Assuming that you have only a single payment card configured for your AppleID account, the edit button will be disabled as you observe; you must first add a new payment card - after which you can delete the old (expired) card details.

Having at least two payment cards defined for you account is recommended, as in so doing you will have a secondary payment method available. If for any reason your primary card has expired, or a charge is declined, having a secondary payment method reduces the likelihood of Apple services or subscriptions being suspended due to a failed payment.

If you have multiple cards configured, the editing button is enabled.

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support

Updating payment methods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.