Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing will only read one library. Second library not seen

What else can I do. Both computers and Apple TV are on same Wi-Fi, iTunes account and password are the same for all three devices. home sharing turned on on all three. One library is Mary’s library. The other computer is Billy’s library. On Apple TV the only one seen is Mary’s library. Settings are all the same on both. Windows pc. The only difference is that music files on Billy’s library are mostly on an external drive.

I’ve turned home sharing off. Then on. Software is all current, Wi-Fi is the same network. Help!,

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 10:36 PM

The only difference is that music files on Billy’s library are mostly on an external drive.

There must be other differences as well, as that setup detail doesn’t matter for home sharing.

For Wi-Fi, verify that one SSID network name is in use, or that all use the same SSID. Some networks may have multiple SSIDs to distinguish between the 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band. That is against recommendation, and would prevent devices from communication across that barrier. It’s like having two networks on one infrastructure.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

In working condition, you should be able to select any one library at a time, corresponding with an actively shared library with matching Apple ID account on any of the networked computers as found on discovery (i.e. live updated) when in the top menu of the Computers app.

Verify that each library has a unique name (in iTunes Preferences), to help tell them apart.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 10:36 PM in response to Mischief50

The only difference is that music files on Billy’s library are mostly on an external drive.

There must be other differences as well, as that setup detail doesn’t matter for home sharing.

For Wi-Fi, verify that one SSID network name is in use, or that all use the same SSID. Some networks may have multiple SSIDs to distinguish between the 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band. That is against recommendation, and would prevent devices from communication across that barrier. It’s like having two networks on one infrastructure.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

In working condition, you should be able to select any one library at a time, corresponding with an actively shared library with matching Apple ID account on any of the networked computers as found on discovery (i.e. live updated) when in the top menu of the Computers app.

Verify that each library has a unique name (in iTunes Preferences), to help tell them apart.

Home sharing will only read one library. Second library not seen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.