Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the article for the older phones? This is only for the new phone so how am I supposed to tell to save my battery in my older phone?

My phone, iphone SE, it’s only about a year and a half old. My battery life has decreased to 87% already. I haven’t even got paid off through my two-year contract. This seems like an awful big percentage loss for a brand new phone. I want to know if this sounds normal or if it’s decreasing faster than it should. I do play games on it and I know that it gets a lot of use that way. But it still seems like that is losing its power faster than it should.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 5:52 AM

Bearing in mind that that value is approximate and, most of all, it is related to when that battery was new, (not to when you bought your device), is it an SE 1st generation or 2nd generation?

Should be the former, it was released on March 2016; should be the latter, it was released on April 2020.

P.S. The article for all models is this one:--> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 5:52 AM in response to DorisMB2012

Bearing in mind that that value is approximate and, most of all, it is related to when that battery was new, (not to when you bought your device), is it an SE 1st generation or 2nd generation?

Should be the former, it was released on March 2016; should be the latter, it was released on April 2020.

P.S. The article for all models is this one:--> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Jun 16, 2022 4:18 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Thanks I’ll take a look at that article. It just seems like the battery should last longer than what the phone gets paid off. I still get eight months to go on this phone and it’s already the batteries not doing what it should. But I’ll read the article and see what comes of it it might satisfy what I’m thinking. Thanks for the help.

Where is the article for the older phones? This is only for the new phone so how am I supposed to tell to save my battery in my older phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.