Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previewing songs in iTunes Store

Why can I no longer preview songs before purchasing them in the iTunes store without sign up for Apple Music

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 11:27 AM

You should not need to subscribe to Apple Music to preview a song. See step 2 in the 'Buy or download an individual item' section of:

Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 16, 2022 11:47 AM in response to javaliga

I have been buying songs from iTunes for years. Recently upgraded to Catalina and don't understand why this is happening.

I go to music . I do a search. I find the song . I click on the song for a preview and get a window ad for "1month free music from apple" I click "not now" . The window disappears and I'm back at the beginning. Tried different songs etc. Never able to get a preview. What am I missing here?

Thanks for your reply

Hans

Jun 16, 2022 12:22 PM in response to javaliga

I was able to get to the preview. I guess it involved another step. I needed to go to the Apple Music store. My search didn't originally take me there. I had the full screen with the album and the play arrows and the cost. Not sure where I was there., but clicking on apple music changed the screen slightly and was able to play previews and purchase. So I'm guessing that iTunes is separate from the apple music store, if I understand that correctly. I'm allowed to search from without the store but need to go to the store to preview and buy-right?

Thanks for your help

Hans

Previewing songs in iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.