Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My up to date iPod 6, keeps Searching continuously whenever I turn Bluetooth on.

My up to date iPod 6, keeps Searching continuously whenever I turn Bluetooth on. There are no Paired Devices showing. But it will Pair and connect to my Sempre Mini Phone Amplifier. Even when connected it keeps on searching continuously. It was ok until I was trying to connect to my BlackBerry Bold. Unfortunately, it will not even pair with my AirPods 2nd gen although it used to.

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 9:19 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the Blackberry Bold is a smartphone. However, an iPod's Bluetooth will not connect to a phone as the purpose of the Bluetooth on an iPod is only to supply audio to speakers (or headphones). You cannot transfer files (data) between the iPod and any another device by using the iPod's Bluetooth and since there is no function between an iPod and a phone via Bluetooth, it's unlikely that the two will pair. This particular Bluetooth setup is one of the little known options in the Bluetooth system.

If you have managed to get your iPod to "recognise" the Blackberry Bold, I suggest that you tap the i button next to it (on the Bluetooth list) and use the Forget this device option.

Regarding your Airpods problem, I'm not familiar with the Airpods, but in order to pair the iPod with them you need to put the Airpods into discovery mode. Note that this procedure is very different to the procedure used to pair the Airpods with an iPhone or iPad.

I believe the correct procedure is to press-and-hold the Setup button on the Airpods' casing for about five seconds, or until the status light flashes white (which makes the Airpods discoverable). You will then find it listed as a new device on the iPod, in Settings/Bluetooth. I didn't notice anything in the instructions, but I assume that the discovery mode will only be on for about 30 seconds, after which the Airpods will stop being discoverable unless you go through the procedure again.

Here is a link to the Airpods User Guide: Get started with AirPods (1st or 2nd generation) – Apple Support (UK). You may be re-directed to your country's copy of the guide.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 9:19 AM in response to Chiko8

If I'm not mistaken, the Blackberry Bold is a smartphone. However, an iPod's Bluetooth will not connect to a phone as the purpose of the Bluetooth on an iPod is only to supply audio to speakers (or headphones). You cannot transfer files (data) between the iPod and any another device by using the iPod's Bluetooth and since there is no function between an iPod and a phone via Bluetooth, it's unlikely that the two will pair. This particular Bluetooth setup is one of the little known options in the Bluetooth system.

If you have managed to get your iPod to "recognise" the Blackberry Bold, I suggest that you tap the i button next to it (on the Bluetooth list) and use the Forget this device option.

Regarding your Airpods problem, I'm not familiar with the Airpods, but in order to pair the iPod with them you need to put the Airpods into discovery mode. Note that this procedure is very different to the procedure used to pair the Airpods with an iPhone or iPad.

I believe the correct procedure is to press-and-hold the Setup button on the Airpods' casing for about five seconds, or until the status light flashes white (which makes the Airpods discoverable). You will then find it listed as a new device on the iPod, in Settings/Bluetooth. I didn't notice anything in the instructions, but I assume that the discovery mode will only be on for about 30 seconds, after which the Airpods will stop being discoverable unless you go through the procedure again.

Here is a link to the Airpods User Guide: Get started with AirPods (1st or 2nd generation) – Apple Support (UK). You may be re-directed to your country's copy of the guide.

My up to date iPod 6, keeps Searching continuously whenever I turn Bluetooth on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.