Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to internet tho does connect to WiFi

just set up Starlink internet network--initially worked on my MacBookAir then wouldn't connect to internet altho is connected to WiFi--other 'devices' all work ok (iPad, iPhone, other MacBook)--what do I need to do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 3:23 PM

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support offers some suggestions, but start with the basics first: power down your router and (assuming it is a separate device) your cable modem. Unplug their power cords and wait a moment. Then, plug them in again and let them restart.

While you wait, you might as well restart your Mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 3:23 PM in response to msjoe

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support offers some suggestions, but start with the basics first: power down your router and (assuming it is a separate device) your cable modem. Unplug their power cords and wait a moment. Then, plug them in again and let them restart.

While you wait, you might as well restart your Mac.

Jul 14, 2022 8:54 AM in response to msjoe

I see this occasionally.

Opening my router confirms I'm connected to the internet. The problem is therefore the fault of the ISP. Your ISP's signal has a base carrier wave to which data is added. In "old timey" radio you did that by amplifying either the wave's Amplitude (AM) or the Frequency (FM).

I say that to say this, you can have the signal carrier but no data. That allows you to be connected to the internet but no data is being sent by your ISP. No data = no surfing, email and so forth.

Given time, your ISP will realize the situation and fix the problem; usually it's quite temporary. If it keeps happening, you need to complain to the ISP.

can't connect to internet tho does connect to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.