Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yellow spot around screen iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2020

I have a huge yellow spot around my screen , the middle is white and sometimes the bottom will have an orange spot. I’m worried something will go wrong with my iPad I use it for my art and I rely on it as my phone basically please help

I also made an appointment to the Genius Bar on Monday the 20th

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 5:13 AM

On the basis of your description, I cannot begin to comprehend what you might be seeing. Can you post a screenshot or photo - as this will significantly help with understanding the issue.

Otherwise, you might be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. Should repair be required, you’ll be in the best possible placed to explore your options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 5:13 AM in response to DelaneysArt

On the basis of your description, I cannot begin to comprehend what you might be seeing. Can you post a screenshot or photo - as this will significantly help with understanding the issue.

Otherwise, you might be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. Should repair be required, you’ll be in the best possible placed to explore your options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jun 17, 2022 5:27 AM in response to DelaneysArt

If the problem doesn’t show when using a screenshot, but can be seen in photograph, this indicates that the problem is hardware related.

Your posted photograph, while indistinct, appears to illustrate some discolouration - and brighter patches - both of which are symptomatic of localised de-lamination of the screen backlight.

If my diagnosis is confirmed, the only remedy is to change the entire display panel. Assuming your standard one-year warranty has expired, unless you have an active AppleCare+ plan, the cost of screen replacement may not be cost effective. Screen repair, without benefit of warranty or AppleCare+, is typically c.60% of the “as new” cost of the iPad.

Jun 17, 2022 5:42 AM in response to LotusPilot

What if I get insurance through an insurance company like Allstate or State Farm ? My friend was telling me about that if I don’t have apple care, which I don’t 🙈 I was wanting to get it but it was too late and it expired ! Omg I’m so scared now that it’s a hardware issue, I’m trying to take care of it the best I can, letting it cool off, taking it out of the case I have for it, etc

Jun 17, 2022 5:48 AM in response to DelaneysArt

If your insurance policy includes “all risk” for electronic items - and your iPad has been accidentally damaged - then your insurance policy may provide cover. Be aware that most domestic insurance policies, unless they are explicitly an “extended warranty”, will not cover gradual deterioration or breakdown of appliances.

Either way, if you intend to explore the possibility of an insurance claim, you’ll need to contact your insurance company.

yellow spot around screen iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.