Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

received an email stating that I have a billing problem. would like assistance to fix this

received an email stating that I have a billing problem. would like assistance to fix this

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 6:18 AM

2 replies

Jun 17, 2022 8:16 AM in response to Gsanch2022

DON'T RESPOND! This is almost certainly a phishing trap. Delete the email immediately. If you have already responded, especially if you provided your Apple ID and password to a link in the email, stop reading my words and go change your Apple ID's password right now!

Apple will never send you an unsolicited email. They will only send you an email in furtherance of an interaction that you started, such as a purchase or a service request. They will never address you as Customer, always by your first name. The wording in the message will have perfect spelling and grammar. The return address will always be from apple.com.

My guess is that this email does not fit any of the criteria I just described. Buena suerte.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.