Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When you go toGo to Settings > your name. Tap iCloud. Tap to choose which apps you want to use iCloud. What all your apps aren’t listed there so you can include them in iCloud back up? All Apps transferred but not data.

On my iPhone 13 pro max….When you go toGo to Settings > your name. Tap iCloud. You are supposed to Tap to choose which apps you want to use iCloud. What if all your apps aren’t listed there so you can include them in iCloud back up? I have many more on my phone than appears in the list.Why are they not ? How can I get them there. All Apps transferred but not data.

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 6:36 AM

The list under Settings->Your Name->iCloud shows only Apps that use iCloud to store things. It is not the list for backups.

If the particular App does not directly store things in iCloud then it won't show up there.

The list for the iCloud backup inclusion is in Settings->Your Name->iCloud->Manage Storage->Backups->Your Device Name->Show All Apps.

It may take a minute to populate the list there. You can add or exclude an app's data from being backed to with the switches there.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 6:36 AM in response to Zoeygrey1

The list under Settings->Your Name->iCloud shows only Apps that use iCloud to store things. It is not the list for backups.

If the particular App does not directly store things in iCloud then it won't show up there.

The list for the iCloud backup inclusion is in Settings->Your Name->iCloud->Manage Storage->Backups->Your Device Name->Show All Apps.

It may take a minute to populate the list there. You can add or exclude an app's data from being backed to with the switches there.

Jun 17, 2022 12:36 PM in response to Zoeygrey1

The reply was very helpful I navigated to the list but now I’m more confused because the apps that I said I have no data were toggled to back up to iCloud 11 gigs of data on apps. So now I am confused as to why the data didn’t transfer to my phone if it was backed up to the cloud. Is it possible I need to do a back up to get my phone to replace the data? I’m really not sure if I’ve done a back up overnight since I got the phone. Thank you for your help

When you go toGo to Settings > your name. Tap iCloud. Tap to choose which apps you want to use iCloud. What all your apps aren’t listed there so you can include them in iCloud back up? All Apps transferred but not data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.