Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer from old imac to new imac(new to me)...

transfer from old imac to new imac(new to me)...do i use a usb cord to do this?is it a cord with usb on both ends? Help! I'm not computer smart at all

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 8:24 AM

The fastest and easiest way to Migrate to your new Mac,, is to plug your old Mac’s Time Machine backup drive into the new Mac during the initial setup.

see > Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

It you do not have a Time Machine backup of your old Mac, then you need to make one to use for Migration.

see> Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

The other slower option is to, use a Mac to Mac Ethernet cable. Do no use Wi-Fi, as it is really slow and unreliable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Kennycarlo

The fastest and easiest way to Migrate to your new Mac,, is to plug your old Mac’s Time Machine backup drive into the new Mac during the initial setup.

see > Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

It you do not have a Time Machine backup of your old Mac, then you need to make one to use for Migration.

see> Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

The other slower option is to, use a Mac to Mac Ethernet cable. Do no use Wi-Fi, as it is really slow and unreliable.

transfer from old imac to new imac(new to me)...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.