Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated Uber app does not work on my iPhone 6 (IOS 12.5.5)

Has anyone experienced the problem that Uber has updated its app and means that I either buy a new phone of cannot use Uber? Any work around?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 9:16 AM

OK, iOS 12.5.5 was issued on sep 23, 2021, less than one year ago and now Apple has eliminated use of older Apple devices with many apps that owners have invested significant time & $ in. Some of us still have these devices in use and depend on them.

This is planned obsolescence on steroids with apparently no workarounds. Some of us are on fixed incomes and have a very hard time affording remaining/maintaining our long term support of the Apple ecosystem. Apple appears to be telling us “too bad, you need to switch to Android”. I/we don’t understand.

Comment?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 9:16 AM in response to djg.drover

OK, iOS 12.5.5 was issued on sep 23, 2021, less than one year ago and now Apple has eliminated use of older Apple devices with many apps that owners have invested significant time & $ in. Some of us still have these devices in use and depend on them.

This is planned obsolescence on steroids with apparently no workarounds. Some of us are on fixed incomes and have a very hard time affording remaining/maintaining our long term support of the Apple ecosystem. Apple appears to be telling us “too bad, you need to switch to Android”. I/we don’t understand.

Comment?

updated Uber app does not work on my iPhone 6 (IOS 12.5.5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.