Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to public wifi that requires log in

Every time I am at an airport, my phone has a hard time connecting to the wifi where it requires a pop up to "accept the terms" etc. I don't have this problem on my ipad or macbook, but only my iphone. Can someone help ? :) Please and thank you

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 2:33 AM

See this Apple article: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Join a captive Wi-Fi network

To join a captive Wi-Fi network:

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap the name of the network, then wait for a login screen to appear. Or tap  next to the network's name, then tap Join Network.
  3. If prompted, enter a user name and password, enter an email address or acknowledge terms and conditions.

After you log in, you should be able to access the Internet. Fees and other charges might apply when you use captive Wi-Fi networks. Contact the network provider for more information.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 2:33 AM in response to UclaDaisy

See this Apple article: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Join a captive Wi-Fi network

To join a captive Wi-Fi network:

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap the name of the network, then wait for a login screen to appear. Or tap  next to the network's name, then tap Join Network.
  3. If prompted, enter a user name and password, enter an email address or acknowledge terms and conditions.

After you log in, you should be able to access the Internet. Fees and other charges might apply when you use captive Wi-Fi networks. Contact the network provider for more information.

Jun 21, 2022 2:58 PM in response to Raicya

Thank you for your response but its not exactly what I was hoping for. So when I bring my laptop or even ipad to to a public wifi network, a small window usually pops up so I can click the "terms of agreement" or type in a code inside a small window to be able to log in the public wifi. When I try to connect to the same public wifi on my cell phone, the small window never pop-ups and I am unable to connect to the public wifi via my iphone. I tried your listed instructions, but it did not solve my current issue at hand unfortunately :/

Jun 21, 2022 3:12 PM in response to UclaDaisy

I don't have this problem on my ipad or macbook, but only my iphone.

The iPad and iPhone use the same iOS operating system, so something is amiss.

Try comparing the WiFi settings on the iPad to the WiFi settings on the iPhone. They should look the same.

On your iPhone.......connect to the public WiFi network

Home Screen > Settings > WiFi

Tap on the blue "i" next to the network name

Tap Forget This Network

Try to log on again. It might take 5-10 seconds or more for the log on page to display

Unable to connect to public wifi that requires log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.