Public WiFi

I can’t log on to public wifi because the phone will not automatically take me to the login page - been trying to work out what is wrong for a couple of years but now with increased travel am finding it a real pain.

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 3:27 AM

See this Apple article: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Nowadays, Public Wi-Fi is offered for free, in big cities, shopping centers, in Public Transport (bus & train), airport, restaurants and others.

That depends on where you live and where you are.

If you are in a hotel, ask the hotel for a username & password to log in to their Wi-Fi.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 3:27 AM in response to Publicwificonnections

See this Apple article: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Nowadays, Public Wi-Fi is offered for free, in big cities, shopping centers, in Public Transport (bus & train), airport, restaurants and others.

That depends on where you live and where you are.

If you are in a hotel, ask the hotel for a username & password to log in to their Wi-Fi.

Jun 4, 2023 4:52 AM in response to Publicwificonnections

Worked it out - did a complete phone reset which deleted my access to my work emails in outlook - the settings linked to the business VPN wouldn’t allow the device to access public (shared) wifi … everything works now … I don’t have the same issue with an older iPhone - so will carry 2 phones until I can work out the best way forward

Public WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.